Nik JainObservability Advocate. New Relic
Nik Jain is currently a Solution Architect of Solution Engineering APAC, New Relic and based in Melbourne. After spending several years as a full stack developer and then 4 years at CA Wily as a resident APM and CI/CD expert, he transitioned into the world of New Relic where he currently is one of the lead architects for Asia Pacific. He is often seen teaming up with like-minded people to solve challenging consumer problems with disruptive techniques and technologies. He is an active member of industry events such as IDG, AWS, DevOpsDays, Google, Gartner and is frequently invited as a guest speaker to share his industry knowledge and best practices.
Main Conference (Aug 6th, 2019)Escaping Enterprise Complexity: Simple Hacks for Your Stack
A cloud native app is typically architected specifically to run in an elastic and distributed environment and the Cloud Native implementation strategies are in essence based on scale and resilience wherein most DevOps strategies are typically focussed on speedy of delivery. This inherently raises what can be seen as opposing forces between the Code Deployment [Dev] vs Management of the applications [Ops/SRE].
Cloud-native app development typically includes devops and agile methodologies, [Multi] cloud platforms, containers, microservices and continuous delivery. So, on one hand we have the Delivery teams striving to deliver code faster and easier and on the other side the operations functions are worried about the stability of the systems because each introduction of change to the environment increases the risk of instability.
So how can we get around this and ensure a successful Cloud Native implementation of DevOps.
This talk will cover topics around:
- Empowering the Delivery teams to ship quality code
- Proactively managing system health
- Elasticity - Scaling and right Sizing
- Connectivity in Complexity
Some take aways from this Session:
- Getting Insights into your application right from code commit and the impact of each code change
- Identifying Patterns and trends across your digital footprint
- Establishing reasonable thresholds and minimising alerting fatigue
- Gaining full visibility into your applications, dependencies and containers and the relationships between them