Workshop / Pre-Conference (August 4th, 2022)
End-to-end DevOps with GitHub
GitHub is more than just a place to keep your code. GitHub offers features that cover your whole DevOps lifecycle from idea all the way into production.
This hands-on workshop will take you through an end-to-end software lifecycle, starting with GitHub Issues and Projects for planning, GitHub Codespaces for a super efficient inner loop of development, and GitHub Actions to take your applications into production.
You will learn:
- How to effectively plan and track your work using GitHub Issues
- How to manage your projects within and across repositories in your organisation
- The free and paid options for coding in the cloud, including the web editor and GitHub Codespaces
- How to use GitHub Actions for CI/CD
- How and when to use GitHub Actions for non-CI/CD automation
- Techniques and strategies for safe and effective software engineering using GitHub tooling
- Techniques for effective collaboration in remote teams
- Planning and Tracking with GitHub Issues (Introduction to Issues, Basic features, Task Lists and cross-references, GitHub Projects)
- The Inner Loop with Codespaces (The web editor, Codespaces)
- Automation with Actions (Introduction to Actions, Syntax and capabilities, Workflow structures and strategies, Environments and approvals, Non-CI/CD automation)
Who should attend:
Software engineers, team leads, and DevOps specialists, regardless of their level of GitHub adoption.
Computer setup spec:
Any laptop with a keyboard and a browser... In fact, you could probably get by with a tablet - it's a new world!