Main Conference (September 5th, 2023)
Orders of magnitude
Cloud-native technology strategies for global scale.
A clear cloud-native technology strategy, based in reality, with buy-in from engineering leaders, and understood by all, can drive truly global business expansion. In this talk Cloud consultant Daniel Larsen (ex-Microsoft) will provide tips for improving your technology strategy, to unlock additional value and growth for the entire business.
- Orders of magnitude and operating ranges.
- Can't scale, can't sell.
- Mission drives Strategy drives Products.
- The Netflix trap and the multi-cloud myth. Scale the monolith.
- Be a partner, not a customer. Commercial agreements inform strategy.
- Map requirements to features and seek investment.
- Trade infrastructure cost for engineering effort.
- Bringing it all together: CTO-level Technology Strategy.
- Enabling constraints.
- Good old service oriented architecture.
- Finally: Get out of New Zealand.